F.J. Brown & Son

Some History

  In the late 1890's, Captain Francis John Brown had settled in Galt, Ontario (part of what is now Cambridge).  He and his son Francis James opened up F.J. Brown & Son featuring many imported items from the newly opened up country of Japan.  Francis James was a watchmaker and optician.   In the early 1900's James' sisters Minnie, Emma and Bertha managed the store and expanded more into the jewellery field.  Their nephew Albert (Francis James' son) came into the business in the late 1940's.  In the early 1970's Albert's son Tom joined the firm after a period in the textile industry.   

 Tom ran the business for a couple of decades and welcomed his son Ted to F.J. Brown and Son after he completed university in 1992.  Ted later completed the Graduate Gemologist program at the Gemological Institute of America in Santa Monica, California in 1994.  Tom recently retired and now Ted carries on the family tradition.

   F. J Brown & Son in Cambridge offers an assortment of fine jewellery, watches and accessories.  We also feature fine gift items such as home decor, clocks, collectibles and gifts for any occasion.   ​Visit us today to find that special gift for the one's you love.